Thursday, May 3, 2012

Monday Morning



It was the first day of the term, Holidays had just finished and it was a Monday morning.
I know that nearly everyone hates monday mornings and I agree with that. I woke up the first thing I saw was the wall and the first thing I felt was my blankets on my bed, as normal I was still thinking that it is the holidays all excited. Next thing I know my brother Liam starts running up and down the hallway. I said to myself “ Of course back to school today, well may as well get up and get dressed!” So I got up and went to my draws tripping over all the stuff I had left on the ground, finally I got to my draws. I opened my T-shirt draw and I looked everywhere but I couldn’t  find my school top so I went into my sisters draw and got one of her tops out without her knowing and I put it on, then I went into my shorts draw and under all my pants at the bottom was one of my skirts. I was so relieved that I didn’t have to wear one of my sisters skirts because they would be way too tight. Once I had got dressed I went out to the lounge and saw my dad and all his workmates talking and talking, not stopping. I had just sat down when my dad says “Go get your breakfast Moomoo ( my nickname).” That is when I figured out a trick. I just sat there and groaned and then my dad said “ Okay then you can sit here until your mother gets up.” So I did then straight away my mum got up and said that I had to go and get my breakfast so I got up and went and got my breakfast and then sat at the table and ate my cornflakes. Then I got up and went to pack my bag when my sister came out and asked me if I could go and get her breakfast for her and I said “ how can’t you get it “ But she just moaned and so I had to go and get it. I got her some cornflakes like me but she didn’t want them so she asked mum and mum made her a mousetrap with vegemite and cheese on bread. I finished off getting ready for school then got my schoolbag and started walking to school. As soon as I got outside it felt I was an ice-block in the freezer just starting to freeze. It was misty and cold outside and that is what made me not want walk to school. When I walked out the gate with my sister , my Aunt Silky pulled up the drive and asked if my cousins could walk to school with me. I said yes because I didn’t want to be rude, so my cousins walked to school with me and my sister as my brother got picked up by his friend that goes to the same school. As I was walking with my cousins I smelt something funny, it smelt like smoke but I couldn’t be sure so I yelled out to my cousins and said “ Come on girls, run as fast as you can.” By that point I had saw my friends behind me, and so I yelled  out to the girls  and said “ STOP, and wait for Courtney and Madison!” It was very hard to stop them because I and stopped and they kept on running up ahead. I ran after them and when I finally got to them I grabbed their straps on their bag but they were fighting ,trying to get away from me. After a while I let them go and I couldn’t walk with Courtney and Madison so I said to them that I will see them at school. So I did and that is how my day began.

                                                By Hannah Hansen

2 comments:

  1. Amazing Hannah I love your story.
    What about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hannah.
    That is a really cool
    story. Do You like going
    too school

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...