- Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
- Elon Musk
- What was the key event from the news article?
- The Hyperloop and how it works to get people to different places faster.
- Where did this event take place?
- United States
- Why did this event happen?
- Because they want to tell people about the Hyperloop so that they might consider it and then the hyperloop might become the way to get around because it is faster than airplanes and cars and vehicles like that that the people are using at the moment.
1. Find quote from the main person in this news article?
- At this stage Musk said he has no plans to build the system but offered the “open source design” to allow others to pursue a venture.
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
- A man called Elon Musk invented the Hyperloop and he wants to get the word around the world about the Hyperloop so that people will give it a go and if they like it, they will stop using cars and they will use the Hyperloop. Elon Musk wants to make money for his invention.
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
- United States
- The US is the 4th largest country in the world by land area and 3rd by population
- On February 25, 2013, the estimated population of the US was 315,568,000
- The United States is divided into 50 states
- Hawaii is the most recent of the 50 states in the US (joining in 1959) and is the only one made up entirely of islands.
- The most populated city in the US is New York City, followed by Los Angeles and Chicago.
- English is the most commonly spoken language in the US, followed by Spanish.
- The most popular team sports in the US are American football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey.
- The first man to walk on the moon was American Neil Armstrong (July 21, 1969)
4. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
Because they want the Hyperloop to become the way that people get around in the world and to make money.