- Plastic bag
- Cello tape
I thought that the parachute was going to fall down and go all messy.
First you cut the straw into 8ths till you reach the bendy part. Next you cut the handles and the bottom off the plastic bag then cut the plastic bag into halves and then cut one of the halves into squares. Next you origami fold the square into 16ths then cut the top off the shape that you have made. Open the plastic and you should see a circle. Now you place the cut straw on the plastic and spread them out evenly. Tape them down with cello tape and then tape the end of the straw closed. Now turn the parachute over and let it go up in the air. You have made a Parachute.
- Who made the first parachute drop and when? Andre-Jacque Garnerin, October 22 1797
- What Nationality was he? French
- Did he receive any prizes for completing this amazing feat? No
- Describe the parachute. The parachute was seven-metre silk parachute
- Describe how the drop took place. When he landed he was not injured but it was a violent landing.
- From what height did he fall from? Approximately 3,000 feet.
- Who was his student and what fame did she reach? First ever female parachutist. His student was his wife.
Here is a link to the site where we made it from.