Sunday, June 16, 2013

Master Chef

Camp Daily Reflection:
Today we did master chef and I think that my group worked very well together. Overall we ended up coming 2nd. We all worked as hard as we could and I am proud of my group.


Day 2 Reflection:
Today is the day when we are doing Master Chef. We have to cook 4 courses. They are Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert. For the day we are cooking for not only the whole group but 2 judges. The judges are Anthony, (Italiano Judge) and also Miss Patel (American Judge.)  “On your marks, get set, GO!!!” Yells Italiano judge! The time has began and all the teams are going crazy. I run and grab my Camp Book out of the box because it has our menu in it. I quickly race through the pages and find the page with our menu on it. It says,
Leopards Jungle Cafe
                                                          
Brunch Menu:
Lunch Menu:
Dinner / Dessert Menu :
Brunch: Pancakes with...
Lunch: Toasted Sandwiches with...
Dinner: Baked Potatoes with...
Pancakes
Half of the Cheese
Mince
Pineapple
Spaghetti
Onion
Golden Syrup
And Saveloys on the side
Vegetables / Carrots
Egg in with the Pancake mix
2 Packets of Noodles
Potatoes

Bread
Half of the Cheese


Gravy


Dessert:


Jelly

Instant Pudding


Fruit Salad



I get the flour and quickly pour it into the bowl. Then Tracey cracks the egg into the bowl while Teva adds the milk in. I start to stir it. Jason suggests that we should add in the Golden Syrup so Dylan scrapes it in. We all run out and go and chose a little barbecue. We chose the one that is 2nd to the end and we start cooking. We are the first team out there. I spread butter all around the pan then put some mixture on it. I wait till there are some bubbles on the top of the pancake. I flip it. I look at the side that I have just flipped and it looks amazing. It is perfectly golden and a perfect circle.I am so proud of my group.


It comes to judging and the judges come over to us and we wait nervously. They start to pick at the pancakes. “ Does it have any sort of sauce to go with it?” They ask. “ No sorry, we put the golden syrup in the pancake mix.” I reply. We wait for the judges to say something.”  “ This is so yummy!” The judges say. They start to walk away. I feel really proud of my team and what we have served of the judges.

Time for the scoring. They both call. I am waiting very silently and I feel really excited. Suddenly, “Leopards, what we have scored you today is a 6 and a 7. I think that your team has done exceptionally well. You should all be proud. The one thing that I think that you should have had and what would have made it better is to have some sort of sauce. Your total score is 13.” Miss Patel says.  We have done so well I say to my team. We end up coming 5 equal.


This is what we presented for the judges at Brunch.

This is Tracey and i making pancakes for us. Yum Yum!

This is our whole group around the little barbecue.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Hannah. I'm glad you guys are working as a team. And yummy pancakes. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome pancakes and the story is very cool and fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hannah!
    Your photo's are awesome.
    Your group are really showing teamwork.
    And I like how you have made a table with it too.
    Well done:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...