Monday, November 19, 2012

Safe Cycling

Safe cycling


The sign with the person with a line throught it means no walking.
The sign turning right with a line throught it means no turning right and the same with the left.
The sign with the squiggly line means there is a windy round coming up.
The sign with the P and a line through it means No Parking.

Here is My poem.

Safety
Awesome
Fantastic
Education

Crank
Yes, wear a Helmet
Chain
Lock
Interesting
No, don’t ride your in bike in Bare feet
Gears

Here is the Bike that I made and then labeled.

Here is my round about that I made and that I wrote in what to do on a round about.




Safety rules necessary for bikes.

When you are biking:

  • Have clear hand signals
  • Have eye contact with the driver
  • Make sure you have road sense
  • Your brakes have to be able to work
  • Keep at least one hand on the handlebars at all times
  • Where bright clothing in the night so you can be seen


What is road sense?

Road sense is where you know the road rules for biking and what to do in different situations.
You have to know when to stop and what hand signals to use and when. You have to be able to look behind and not be wobbly.


List the parts of a bike

  • Wheels
  • Handlebars
  • Crank
  • Chain
  • Seat
  • Pedal
  • Frame
  • Brakes
  • Disc brake
  • Tire
  • Stem
  • Shock
  • Fork
  • Seat Post
  • Cables



7 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, Hannah.

    You have researched and summarised well. I like your poem. Do you think you could record it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Hanz

    I think anyone would be safe if they saw this post. I like how you explained everything carefully. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!

    Courtney:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Hannah

    I like how you put all the signs on this post.
    You really know the parts of a bike too.
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Hannah you did a really good job.
    I like how you added pictures and a poem great post.
    well done and keep up the great work.

    Lizard

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Hannah! I love your Sake Cycling post.
    Your poem is really awesome and so is your bike diagram and round about diagram too.
    WELL DONE AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!
    From Kazzie :c)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Hannah, I'm very impressed with your bike diagrams. You have done a lot of work on your blog since I last looked. You have been very busy. Cheers Mrs Miller

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...